Everyone, that really was a magical time. What a trip! Weather was warm, probably a little too warm on race day if we are being picky, but I didn’t care too much. So – the big questions first –
1. Did I finish? Yep. Sure did. 🙂 4,905th of 20,448. Not a record breaker, lol, but I’m pleased with it based on where I started in corrals and number of people on a tight course. When I do another run, I think it would be worth training a bit harder midway to qualify for a closer corral.
2. Were people dressed up? Yes. Like 90% of people were in costume of some sort, it was crazy but in a good way! Waiting in the corrals at the beginning of the course was pretty great people watching.
3. Was the Expo nuts? I went on day two and there were no lines. Sizing on some of merch was a bit picked over but other than that I don’t think I missed out on anything.
4. What characters were on the course? There were a bunch of princes, princesses, classics, villains etc. but the lines were super long so I didn’t stop for photos with them.
5. What was the course like? The beginning and end were really fun and the middle was mainly just the connecting highway. They did their best in that area with some DJ’s and cheering groups/bands/etc and that was cool. The castle in the middle was my favorite – there was a huge crowd waiting for runners down Mainstreet holding up signs and cheering. Towards the end there were some hills that I knew about, but when you ran them on the last miles they were difficult on the legs. Overall it was amazing. I should also mention the water stations and med stations were perfectly placed.
6. Would you do it again? 100% would do it again. Who’s up for the Dark Side race after they finish the Star Wars area!!?
Lastly, thank you to everyone who has been following my blog and reading my ramblings 🙂 Your support was felt and appreciated all the way though!!