To kick start the year, I looked back on all my previous posts from 2017. I started writing this blog on June 28, 2017 – it really doesn’t seem like that long ago, but wow there were a couple of concepts I noticed right off that bat.
- Goals set and have become goals met.
- Throughout my early posts I wrote I wanted to finish this race under 2 hours 30 minutes; I’m really pleased that I think i’m still on track for that. My training plan didn’t really change to much from the beginning, but it’s working!
- Breaks kill momentum, habits, and endurance – but not perseverance.
- I’ve got a lot of posts on how something life related delayed my training, but I’ve never stopped trying to hit my workouts. That’s a huge thing, because when I was writing, I really felt I was dropping the ball. Obviously, if I had given up, I wouldn’t have kept writing about how it 😉
- I’ve learned a lot.
- I’ve done a lot of inward reflection, improved my diet, and gotten stronger!
Everyone should write a blog! Reading that was super interesting, haha. Keep going with your goals! Stay motivated! We can do it!
P.S. Quick race update – corral placement should be announced at the end of January, so i’ll let you know when I do! Costume work has also started, so a costume update and tutorial is also around the river bend. 🙂